What makes powered bookshelf speakers be present in many modern households is the fact that they are an integral part of an ideal sound system, adding the bass, mid, and treble sized sounds to your experience when watching a movie, playing a game, or simply listening to music to enhance it.
Due to the fact that they have built-in amplifiers, they differ completely when compared to normal models, being phenomenal at delivering sounds of excellent quality.
Of course, there is the aspect of their size as well, generally being more compact when compared to other similar products. Therefore, it is easier to find a location for bookshelf models.
Although this is a detail you will surely notice on your own, we must tell you they also have a trendier design which makes them a better fit with modern decors.
Construction of bookshelf speaker:
The construction affects durability as well as the quality of the sounds produced. Obviously, this is one of the aspects that affected our ranking the most as it directly reflects the experience you enjoy with our selections.
Factors consideration: Powered bookshelf speaker:
- Superior Two-Way Design:
They generally have a two-way design, some models even featuring a three-way design. Most models, just like the ones that appear on our top, boast a two-way design that consists of a tweeter and a driver.
The role of this two-way design is to enhance the sound quality, delivering a clean and realistic experience for the listener to be satisfied with the purchase made.
- Compact Size:
The word “bookshelf” pops in their name for a good reason, the compact size they boast making them a perfect addition to your bookshelf. Therefore, if you are looking for a space-saving option, they are the perfect choice to go with.
It is their size that makes them a perfect fit next to the TV, for example, even if the table on which the electronic is placed is not that large.
Additionally, due to their size, they make for a discrete addition if you do end up placing them on the bookshelf, not distracting from the decor you have already created.
- Enhancement of Sound Quality in Sound Systems:
They offer a unique advantage over other types and models, more precisely the fact that they add clearer bass, mid, and treble sized sounds which generally lack in quality when it comes to sound systems.
With a quality set by your side, you will experience a realistic and truly enjoyable experience when listening to music, playing, or watching a movie on your TV, so it is surely an investment worth making.
- More Reasonable Pricing:
Generally, they tend to be expensive as the components and technologies used in their manufacturing cannot really be compared to anything else, being pricier to produce.
This is not the case with bookshelf models necessarily because when they are mass-produced, they become a lot more reasonable in pricing, their components, and amplifiers not being sacrificed when it comes to quality for them to remain accessible and affordable to most people.
#01 – Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers
- 2 x AUX INPUT - Convenient connection to any device that has a 3.5mm headphone output or dual RCA output. Connect to two devices via AUX at the same time, no plugging and switching needed. (None Bluetooth version)
- STUDIO SOUND QUALITY - Natural sound reproduction from 13mm silk dome tweeter and 4 inch full range unit
- REMOTE CONTROL - Adjust volume at your figure tips. Bass and treble control located on the side of main speaker.
- CLASSIC WOOD FINISH - High quality MDF wood build finished with wood effect vinyl serves as a great compliment to any home decor.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - Guaranteed high quality and reliability with hassle-free parts and labor warranty for two years in USA and Canada.
#02 – Polk Audio T15 100 Watt Home Theater Bookshelf Speakers
- GET SUPERIOR HOME THEATER EXPERIENCE WITH IMMERSIVE SURROUND SOUND – Featuring (1) 0.75" tweeter & (1) 5.25" Dynamic Balance Driver, these speakers are designed to produce a natural, well-balanced sound with massive bass even at the lowest frequencies
- Use these wall-mountable bookshelf speakers as FRONT, LEFT-RIGHT SETUP, SURROUNDS OR AS REAR SPEAKERS and get mesmerized by detailed audio with crystal clear vocals, enough to fill any small to medium sized room
- CREATE A FULL-FLEDGED 5.1 HOME THEATER SETUP with the complete range of T-series speakers from Polk with two T50 Tower Speakers, one T30 Center Channel, two T15 Bookshelf speakers and a subwoofer
- Polk speakers are COMPATIBLE WITH MOST HOME THEATER AV RECEIVERS giving you many setup arrangement options - in single or multi-room with 2.0, 2.1, 3.1 systems or an immersive 5.1, 7.1 or 9.1 setup
- POLK'S UNMATCHED QUALITY AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE. With these value-priced speakers, you can now enjoy premium acoustics, high quality construction, easy setup and a spectacular theater experience right at home
#03 – Edifier R1280DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers
- BLUETOOTH WIRELESS - Popular classic bookshelf speakers now can be enjoyed without the hassle of wires. Simply connection to an iPhone, Android, Tablet, PC or Mac.
- STUDIO SOUND QUALITY - Naturally fine tuned sound reproduction from 4 inch bass and 13mm silk dome tweeter.
- OPTICAL AND COAXIAL INPUTS - Digital inputs to enable lossless connection to most TV and computers.
- REMOTE CONTROL - Adjust the volume and toggle inputs at your fingertips. Bass and treble control located on the side of main speaker.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - Quality components in solid MDF wood housing are built to last. 24 month parts and labor warranty in USA and Canada.
#04 – Klipsch R-41M Powerful detailed Bookshelf Home Speaker
- Single 4" spun-copper IMG woofer
- 1" Aluminum LTS tweeter mated to a 90x90 square Tractrix Horn
- 68Hz -21kHz +/- 3dB Nominal Impedance - 8 ohms Compatible Crossover Frequency - 1 730 Hz
- Sensitivity 90dB
- 200 watts Power Handling
#05 – Edifier R1280DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers
- Bluetooth wireless - popular classic bookshelf speakers now can be enjoyed without the hassle of wires. Simply connection to an iPhone, Android, tablet, PC or Mac.
- Studio sound quality - Naturally fine tuned sound reproduction from 4 inch bass and 13mm Silk dome tweeter.
- Optical and coaxial inputs - digital inputs to enable lossless connection to most TV and computers.
- Remote control - adjust the volume and toggle inputs at your fingertips. Bass and treble control located on the side of main speaker.
- 2 year warranty - quality components in solid MDF wood Housing are built to last. 24 month parts and labor warranty in USA and Canada.
#06 – Micca MB42X Bookshelf Speakers
- Balanced woven carbon fiber woofer for enhanced transient and impactful bass
- High performance silk dome tweeter for smooth treble and accurate imaging
- Highly optimized 18dB crossover with Zobel network and baffle step compensation
- Ported enclosure delivers extended bass response with low distortion
- Dramatically transformed sound signature that is incredibly open, balanced, and dynamic
#07 – Edifier R1850DB Active Bookshelf Speakers
- DIGITAL / ANALOG INPUTS – RCA/Aux for PC turntables etc Optical/Coaxial for lossless connection Bluetooth for convenience
- BLUETOOTH V4 0 - Latest wireless technology for playing from phones tablets or laptops
- TREBLE/BASS CONTROL SUB-LINE OUT Adjust bass treble volume and toggle inputs on rear panel Need a little more oomph? Add a subwoofer to your 2 0 setup by simply connecting to the sub-out jack
- WIRELESS REMOTE – Handy compact remote control for input selection volume adjustment and track control (Bluetooth)
- 2 YEAR - high quality and reliability with hassle-free parts and labor for two years in USA and Canada
#08 – Pioneer SP-BS22-LR Andrew Jones Designed Bookshelf Loudspeakers
#09 – Yamaha NS-6490 3-Way Bookshelf Speakers
- These 3 way speakers can be added anywhere in your home component sound system front or rear speakers, even as auxiliary speakers for another room
- Each speaker enclosure has 3 drivers: An 8 woofer/ a 4 midrange/ a 0.75 dome tweeter that work together to provide an 45Hz to 23Khz frequency response range
- Magnetically shielded to suit home theater applications
#10 – Micca MB42 Bookshelf Speakers
- IMPORTANT: The MB42 is a passive speaker and needs to be used with an amplifier or receiver. IT CANNOT BE CONNECTED DIRECTLY TO A TURNTABLE!
- Balanced woven carbon fiber woofer for enhanced transient and impactful bass. High performance silk dome tweeter for smooth treble and accurate imaging
- Ported enclosure delivers extended bass response with low distortion
- Neutral and accurate sound signature with excellent vocal clarity
- Compact classic design is easy to place and disappears into any room or decor