For many people, the best home theater systems provide an excellent balance of good quality sound and easy installation.
A top home theater system gives you a better audio experience for rival a more complicated setup. But, without the added complication of buying individual components.
This buying guide will give you the low-down on all you need to know to get yourself up and running.
First, I will give you a general overview of what an all-in-one system is, and some of the features you should be looking out for.
After that, I will give a short review of some of my favorites, and finish by giving you a buying guide to the best systems around at the moment.
Different features of High-end home theater:
Amplifier and speaker:
Every home theater system will include these. The main advantage of an all-in-one system is that you will be getting an amplifier and speakers designed to work well together.
You don’t need to worry about matching the speakers with the amplifier.
You don’t need to be concerned with many of the technical details which confuse many people.
A package will usually include all the extras required to get it all up and running. Like speaker cable, for example. However, you may want to double check this.
Obviously, if you are buying a wireless home theater system, then speaker cable won’t be an issue!
Which speaker configuration is best for your room? The standard surround sound layouts are 5.1 and 7.1.
However, Dolby Atmos allows for height speakers and object-based audio. Maybe that is your thing?
If you have a smaller space, a 2.1 or 3.1 speaker setup might work better.
Which devices do you want to connect to your system? Some systems have limited connection options, so make sure you can connect everything you want to.
Maybe allow for future purchases too?
It is common for entry-level systems with built-in Blu-ray players to not allow for any other devices to be connected.
They will also often have non-standard speaker connections so you can only use the supplied speakers.
Generally, a home theater system is more suitable for a smaller space. As a rough guide, think of a viewing distance of 6-8 feet.
it’s difficult to judge how much power each system offers, as some specifications are often not supplied. Using price can be one way of roughly judging how much power a system will have.
If sound quality is important to you, then a rule-of-thumb is you get what you pay for. Although, as in life, not always!
if you are an audiophile, a separate AV receiver and speakers might offer what you are looking for – rather than an all-in-one system.
Another sound-related feature you might want to look out for is support for high-resolution audio soundtracks like DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD.
Best High End Home Theater Speakers 2020
#01 – Rockville HTS56 1000w
- 5.1 Channel 1000-Watts Peak Power. 500-Watts Program Power. 250-Watts Continuous RMS Power. 8” Subwoofer with Built-In Receiver. 1x 3” Center Channel Speaker. 2x 3” Full Range Front Channel Speakers. 2x 3” Full Range Rear Channel Speakers.
- 8" Subwoofer with Built-In Receiver. 1x 3" Center Channel Speaker. 2x 3" Full Range Front Channel Speakers. 2x 3" Full Range Rear Channel Speakers. Top Quality MDF Wood Cabinets with Plastic Front Panels.
- Built-In FM Receiver with Amazing Reception. Digital Display. Selectable preset equalizer curves. You can independently control the volume of each speaker and the subwoofer. Bluetooth v2.1. USB Input (max file size 16Gb).
- SD Input (max file size 16Gb). 2 ¼" MIC Inputs with Echo function for karaoke. 5 RCA Audio Outputs. 6 RCA DVD Audio Inputs. 2 RCA AUX Inputs. FM Antenna Input. Full Function Remote.
- The Subwoofer unit has 4 LED lighting modes: selectable with 7 colors or multi-color mode. Zero distortion can be heard even with volume and bass settings all the way up!
#02 – Nebula
- Sensational Clarity: Experience your favorite content in a whole new light. 300 ANSI lm brightness and 720p DLP IntelliBright technology combine to create a crisp, clear picture.
- Stunning Sound: Dual 10W audio drivers generate cinematic stereo sound and deep pounding bass.
- Ideal in the Home: Stay entertained at home with Mars II’s 150-inch image. Watch movies, take online classes, or keep the kids entertained with hours of cartoons and educational videos. The possibilities are endless.
- Binge-Watch in Style: Watch YouTube, Netflix, and more wherever you go on Mars II movie projector. Seamlessly display your favorite Android 7.1 content for endless hours of entertainment.
- NOTE: Copyrighted content from Hulu, Netflix, and similar services CAN NOT be mirrored or screencast. Download and use the apps directly through Mars II portable projector to view copyrighted content from these providers. Chromecast is not supported.
#03 – Pioneer 5.1 Home Theater System
- Ultra HD pass-through with HDCP 2.2 (4K/60p/4:4:4)
- HDR support
- 3D ready (Blu-ray Disc, broadcast, and games)
- Dolby TrueHD/Dolby digital plus/Dolby Pro Logic II
- 5.1 Channel AV Receiver with Bluetooth
#04 – Klipsch HDT-600 Home Theater System
#05 – Klipsch Reference Theater Pack
- This bundle includs (4) Klipsch satellite speakers, (1) Klipsch R-8SW subwoofer, (1) Klipsch center channel speaker, and (1) Pioneer VSX-LX303 9.2-Channel 4k Ultra HD Network A/V Receiver (Does not include speaker wire)
- The Klipsch reference theater pack delivers a superior Acoustic performance while keeping an incredibly minimal footprint
- Klipsch's exclusive tractrix Horn technology and aluminum Tweeters deliver the cleanest, most natural sound possible The Down-firing wireless subwoofer is designed to deliver room-filling low frequencies without requiring too much floorspace
- To complement the easy placement of the wireless subwoofer, each satellite speaker has a keyhole mount and a threaded insert for maximum mounting flexibility
- Dolby Atmos/Dolby Surround Upmixing - Powered Zone 2/Zone 3 Audio - Supports pass–through for HDR10, HLG (Hybrid Log–Gamma), and Dolby Vision signals - 100 W/ch (8 ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, THD 0.08 %, 2ch Driven, FTC) - 200 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 10 %, 1ch Driven)
#06 – LG Electronics BH5140S
- The quality speakers, subwoofer and 500 watts of 5.1 channel surround sound ensure that your viewing experience sounds as good as it looks.
- The BH5140S plays your Blu-ray movies and up scales your DVD movies to 1080p ensuring they look gorgeous
- Use LG"s Smart TV interface to access premium on-line content providers like Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, Vudu, Cinema Now and others. Watch the latest movie releases without having to leave your home.
#07 – VIZIO SB46514-F6
- Dimensions: Sound bar: 46.00" x 2.52" x 3.34" | Sound bar weight: 7.20 pounds| Satellite speaker: 3.00" x 6.52" x 2.67" | Satellite speaker weight: 1.29 pounds | Subwoofer: 14.00" x 15.00" x 14.00" | Subwoofer weight: 31.99 pounds
- Your purchase includes: Sound bar, wireless subwoofer, two surround speakers, remote control w/ lcd display, wall mounting hardware, RCA to 3.5 millimeter stereo audio cable, HDMI 2.0 cable, power cables, speaker cables, digital optical cable (Toslink) and quick start guide
- Experience cinematic surround sound with four up firing speakers and rear surround speakers
- Wireless subwoofer with 10" driver delivers room shaking bass
- A five channel sound bar with dedicated center channel delivers crystal clear dialogue
#08 – Enclave Audio CineHome
#09 – Sonos 5.1 Home Theater System
- Our best Home Theater experience including a Sonos Playbase, Sub, and 2 Play:1s for surround sound rears.
- Playbase has a slim, low profile design that practically vanishes beneath your screen, yet it amps up movies, TV shows and games.
- Custom-built 10-speaker array delivers a completely immersive audio experience. Robust construction securely supports TVs up to 75 lbs.
- Sub adds dramatically deeper bass allowing you to hear parts of the music or TV show you’ve never heard before.
- Two Play:1 speakers connect wirelessly as surround sound rears allowing you to hear every last detail of your music, movies, and game.